Footprint groundsheets are a must-have addition to any awning particularly those with integral sewn-in groundsheets. This may sound a bit confusing as if your awning already has a sewn-in groundsheet why would you need another one. The answer is simple. A footprint groundsheet provides a number of benefits;
- It will keep the existing groundsheet relatively clean and dry
- It is easier to clean than the groundsheet that is connected to the awning
- It provides an extra layer on the surface providing insulation and protection from stone damage
Footprint groundsheets are specific to certain awnings and thus they are cut to the exact floor plan of that awning.
- This will aid with pegging of the main awning as the shape will already be laid out for you and you will pitch your awning quicker.
- If there is any add-on you should buy with your awning purchase then a footprint groundsheet is definitely the one to buy.